I LOVE reading these kind of posts and it’s been absolutely ages since I’ve written one myself, so I decided to do a quick little post which might hopefully give you some inspiration if you’ve anything special events coming up. I was lucky enough to attend a charity ball recently in aid of Jigsaw Dublin 15 (a youth mental health service that I’m honoured to be apart of as a member of their Youth Advisory Panel!). So of course, a gal can’t resist getting all done up for a ball, right? Here’s what I used.
Before applying any makeup I followed my normal skincare routine, which you can READ HERE!
- Smashbox ‘PhotoFinish’ Primer Water
- L’Oreal Infallible Mattifying Primer (on T-Zone)
- MAC ‘Strobe Cream’
- MAC ProLongwear Foundation in NW15
- MAC ProLongwear Concealer in NW15 + NW20
- Soap & Glory ‘Kick Ass’ Powder
- Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour
- Benefit ‘Hoola’ Bronzing Powder
- NARS ‘Deep Throat’ Blush
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill ‘Champagne Pop’ Highlighter (This stuff is unreal, definitely my go-to highlight.)
- Urban Decay ‘All Nighter’ MakeUp Setting Spray
- Too Faced ‘Shadow Insurance’ Primer
- MAC ProLongwear Concealer in NW15
- MAC Paintpot in ‘Groundwork’
- MAC Pressed Pigment in ‘DayGleam’
- MAC ‘Swiss Chocolate’
- MAC ‘Texture’
- Soap & Glory ‘Smoulder Kohl’ Eyeliner
- The Balm ‘schwing’ Liquid Liner
- Becca x Jacyln Hill ‘Champagne Pop’ Highlighter (yes, again!)
- Max Factor ‘
- 2000 calorie’ mascara
- Ardell Glamour ‘Wispies’
- Tarte ‘Amazonian Clay Brow Mousse’ in Medium Brown
- Maybelline ‘Brow Drama’
- Burt’s Bees Vanilla Pod lip balm
- MAC ‘Soar’ Lipliner
- MAC ‘Viva Glam 2’ Lipstick
- NARS ‘Orgasm’ Lipgloss
- Liz Earle Fragrance ‘Botanical Essence No. 20’ – Okay, Okay, I know this isn’t makeup but I only just discovered this and love it, so I couldn’t resist sharing it with you all. I don’t even know how to describe the scent; it’s kind of spicy with a hint of musk and yet florally at the same time? It’s amazing.
Writing this list just made me realise how many products I had on my face in one night!! But when you know you’re going to be out all night and dancing etc, you want to know it’s going to last and not crease or get shiny, so I was really happy with the longevity that this combination of products created – the primers and setting sprays in particular.
Just look at how cute my little puppy is, even when she’s not well! Couldn’t resist a photo op with her mammy.
I hope you enjoyed this post and if you have any questions about any of the products I used, just leave a comment below. 🙂